Operation Hammond is an international non-profit organization of like-minded individuals within the anime, sci-fi, fantasy and pop culture convention community dedicated to bringing awareness of first aid, emergency preparedness and training to people who attend and staff anime, sci-fi, fantasy and pop culture conventions. The diversity and social dimensions of this social scene are unique. We are nerds helping nerds in times of need.
Our members and senior staff have the equipment, experience, and know-how to effectively deal with medical emergencies, social needs and the unique requirements of those who attend pop culture events and conventions. We are a social medical organization. This means that we are able to carry out first aid, public safety and first responder duties at pop culture and fan events and conventions at the American Red Cross First Aid level.
Our members are trained and able to provide medical care and arrange transport for situations and injuries that require ambulance transfer to a hospital. Most of our members are EMTs, work in health care, veteran staffers of conventions and work in public service. Please have a look at the various areas of our website to learn more about us.
Our goals and aims
1. Encourage emergency preparedness, first aid skills and training within the convention community through work with community groups, convention organizers, and attendees.
2. Value those individuals who offer their talents and skills to aid and assist others.
3. Provide care to those in need of medical attention; show commitment and compassion to others in times of need.
4. Show compassion, care, and kindness to those we serve.
5. Work with conventions and other partners in support of their efforts to staff, start, and run medical/first aid departments within the scope and spirit of the current national, state and local laws.
Get instant updates and information? including where we will be next and how YOU can help out by following us on facebook and Twitter. To find out more about the services we offer and how to have us at your event or convention please see our services page.